Fuse Identification - 94 Suburban K1500
j***@yahoo.com
2008-03-25 05:04:10 UTC
I'm trying to fix a starting problem with a 94 Suburban K1500. I was
checking a fuse next to the fuel pump relay and it fell out into a
crevice among the exhaust header. The problem is that I don't know
what the fuse is for or what size it is.

It's was in one of those in-line fuse holders, right on the wire. The
holder is clearly visible if you take off the cover that is over the
fuel pump fuse, a terminal block and the fuse pump relay. It's a glass
fuse.

Can someone identify the function of this fuse and maybe what type and
rating it is?

Thanks,
Jim
Steve W.
2008-03-25 06:47:05 UTC
Post by j***@yahoo.com
I'm trying to fix a starting problem with a 94 Suburban K1500. I was
checking a fuse next to the fuel pump relay and it fell out into a
crevice among the exhaust header. The problem is that I don't know
what the fuse is for or what size it is.
It's was in one of those in-line fuse holders, right on the wire. The
holder is clearly visible if you take off the cover that is over the
fuel pump fuse, a terminal block and the fuse pump relay. It's a glass
fuse.
Can someone identify the function of this fuse and maybe what type and
rating it is?
Thanks,
Jim
A glass fuse in an inline holder? Not a factory item on a 94. What kind
of after market goodies does it have?
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
j***@yahoo.com
2008-03-25 07:10:43 UTC
Post by Steve W.
Post by j***@yahoo.com
I'm trying to fix a starting problem with a 94 Suburban K1500. I was
checking a fuse next to the fuel pump relay and it fell out into a
crevice among the exhaust header. The problem is that I don't know
what the fuse is for or what size it is.
It's was in one of those in-line fuse holders, right on the wire. The
holder is clearly visible if you take off the cover that is over the
fuel pump fuse, a terminal block and the fuse pump relay. It's a glass
fuse.
Can someone identify the function of this fuse and maybe what type and
rating it is?
Thanks,
Jim
A glass fuse in an inline holder? Not a factory item on a 94. What kind
of after market goodies does it have?
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York- Hide quoted text -
Sorry, it's all factory. There's a picutre of it in my Haynes auto
repair manual (Chevrolet & GMS Pick-Ups 1988 thru 1994, 2WD and 4WD.
Chapter 4 (Fuel and Exhaust Systems), Figure 3.17. Unfortunately, the
fuse isn't described and I don't see it in the schematics.
Small block chevy
2022-06-06 01:15:03 UTC
This i have seen on a few forums... It is FACTORY. Some people think that other people don't know what they are talking about cause some people think they know Everything about ... well Everything. I have an issue with my 1994 GMC Sierra k-1500 4x4... It has two inline glass fuses that run into the same Junction block this guy is asking about. So guess what everyone they where still using Glass fuses in 1994. Maybe not many but they did. Plus why would anyone put in anything after Market and use glass fuses
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chevy_trucks/fuse-identification-94-suburban-k1500-14990-.htm
Bob M
2008-03-25 16:57:39 UTC
Post by j***@yahoo.com
I'm trying to fix a starting problem with a 94 Suburban K1500. I was
checking a fuse next to the fuel pump relay and it fell out into a
crevice among the exhaust header. The problem is that I don't know
what the fuse is for or what size it is.
It's was in one of those in-line fuse holders, right on the wire. The
holder is clearly visible if you take off the cover that is over the
fuel pump fuse, a terminal block and the fuse pump relay. It's a glass
fuse.
Can someone identify the function of this fuse and maybe what type and
rating it is?
Thanks,
Jim
I have a 90 GMC Sierra. I can look and see if I can help you. But I'm
not sure of the exact location you are talking about. Are you talking
about the fuse box attatched to the firewall? I'll be glad to help if I
can find the exact location.

Bob
j***@yahoo.com
2008-03-25 19:04:30 UTC
Post by Bob M
Post by j***@yahoo.com
[...]
Thank you, Bob. It's not exactly a fuse box. It;s under a plastic
cover in front of the firewall on the passenger side.

Here is a link to a picture of it, after the cover has been removed:

It's circled in red.

Be careful. That fuse will jump out and be gone quicker than you can
blink!

Jim
Meat Plow
2008-03-25 19:40:01 UTC
http://i25.tinypic.com/6zsope.jpg
It's circled in red.
Be careful. That fuse will jump out and be gone quicker than you can
blink!
Jim
Put an amp meter in line with the fused lead and run the fuel pump.
Whatever it draws replace the fuse with one rated .5 amp more than the
draw. If that's not enough use a slow blow.
j***@yahoo.com
2008-03-26 05:59:19 UTC
I found out this fuse simply goes to the utility light under the
hood.

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas.

Jim
Bob M
2008-03-26 16:41:59 UTC
Post by j***@yahoo.com
I found out this fuse simply goes to the utility light under the
hood.
Thanks, everyone, for your ideas.
Jim
Ok cool. I only read this group once a day so sorry I didn't get back
to you sooner.

Bob
Steve W.
2008-03-26 18:11:33 UTC
Post by j***@yahoo.com
I found out this fuse simply goes to the utility light under the
hood.
Thanks, everyone, for your ideas.
Jim
You mean the dealer installed optional utility light? The one that isn't
standard equipment?
--
Steve W.