95' Astro 41" torsion bar broke. Changing to 36" bar.
bunga
2006-09-27 02:17:43 UTC
Hi. I have a 1995 Astro AWD with a 41" torsion bar that broke on the
driver's side (left). I was told that the 41" bars are prone to break
and that i should replace it with a later model 36" bar. My question
is, how do i make up for the 5" difference? Do i need to modify or add
an adapter/adjuster? Any kind of help or instuctions would be great.
Thanks, Andy.
Pal
2021-08-09 04:45:03 UTC
We’re you able to replace with shorter bars and if so how did you do it? I can’t find 41” bars anywhere and need to replace min
--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chevy_trucks/95-astro-41-torsion-bar-broke-changing-to-36-bar-9896-.htm